Hop in! Where you headed?

I aim this blog at Hitchhiking stories, obviously. However, you can take that in the 'poetic' sense, as we are 'snakes' in time and the asphalt rivers take us to many places, as well as 'places'..

scattered throughout are videos, music, and intermittent stories I have to tell.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"I CAN'T KEEP FROM CRYIN' SOMETIMES" - RENBOURN/LEE/COOPER/JOHNSON




I can't keep from Cryin' sometimes
I just can't keep from cryin' sometimes
my heart is full of sorrow
my eyes is full o' tears
I can't keep from cryin' sometimes

I thought when first she left me I'd worry for awhile
Soon it would be all over I'd journey with a smile
But as get older I think of what I told her and 
I can't keep from cryin' sometimes
No I can't keep from cryin' sometimes
Said I can't keep from cryin' sometimes
My heart is full of sorrow 
My eyes is full o' tears
I can't deep from cryin' sometimes

Walking down those highways
Gonna travel Night and Day
With a heart all full of sorrow and 
eyes all full o' tears
Can't keep from cryin' sometimes
Can't keep from cryin' sometimes
No I can't keep from cryin' sometimes
My heart is full of sorrow 
My eyes is full o' tears
I can't keep from cryin' sometimes


............these Lyrics John Renbourn

(Blind willie johnson originally Wrote this song--the above are not his lyrics)
--i'm not sure who wrote this...some variations is lyrics between artists
including Ten Years After (Alvin Lee), Phoebe Snow, Al Cooper, Blind Willie Johnson (wrote it)
...Probably more



While perusing the net I came across this Alvin Lee (Ten Years After) version...and kick myself for not being into them a lifetime ago...guess I'm makin' up for lost time...



 AL COOPER!!! :::::



and Originally----Blind Billie Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment